Momma Gets A Break

I am almost giddy with excitement about my upcoming weekend! My sister and I are going to Nashville, TN on Saturday sans babies and husbands. AND WE ARE SPENDING THE NIGHT!!!! Do you know what that means? That means we will get to go see a movie and go to bed any time we please. And the best part is – WE WILL GET TO SLEEP LATE!!!!!! I cannot wait!!! Unless you have a child, you probably cannot fully appreciate my plans for the weekend. And if you do have a child, I hope you get to plan weekends like this occasionally too. These kinds of things keep me sane. Oh, and did I mention that I plan to stay up late reading? I am quite the wild woman, aren’t I?
Georgia is the best thing that has ever happened to me, but boy did she change my sleep pattern. Fortunately, it is getting better, but I still cannot convince her to sleep late on the weekends. And she does not believe me when I try to tell her that the time changed this weekend!!! She is now going to bed at 6pm, but fortunately she still sleeps until 5:30am, which is when I need her to wake up so I can feed her before I have to go to work. Then I lay her back down and she naps some more until her daddy takes her to the sitter. She obviously got those sleeping skills from her father! I think the only thing she got from me is her widow’s peak.

6 Comments:
Hi...Karyn's friend Hollis here. Just wanted to say have a wonderful time this weekend! I definitely understand your joy at the prospect of sleeping late! Enjoy enjoy!
I'm sure you do!!! Is your girl sleeping through the night yet? It's amazing how much better you feel with a decent night's sleep.
As Georgia's 2 year old cousin Audrey's Mom, I am equally excited about my weekend with my sister! Because cousin Audrey goes to bed at 8 and also does not believe the time changed ... so she has been getting up at 5 am since. Someone please change the time back! :) Looking forward to shopping and sleeping Sis!!!
You're not gonna keep me up all night talking are you? I've got some reading to do :)
She's gone through the night twice now (once this week and once last week). I can't wait until it happens regularly!
Georgia slept 11 hrs. last night, it was wonderful. She usually sleeps around 10 hrs. each night now. She's really good about going to bed each night.
Post a Comment
<< Home