Count Your Blessings
Wow, sometimes life can throw you some serious curve balls. One of my sister’s good friends died this weekend. She was only 32 years old!!! I did not know her as well as my sister did, but she seemed like a genuinely nice human being. And she was someone that my sister had a lot in common with and confided in. For that reason alone, it breaks my heart. There are plenty of other reasons as well though. She had a little boy that is going to turn 3 in just a few short months. She had just bought a nice new house and just last weekend was hanging family photos on the walls so it would feel like home. We are all left trying to make sense of it all, but there is no way any of this makes sense. I guess we should just stop trying to understand it.
It sure makes me feel guilty for wanting a weekend away from my beautiful daughter. I should be grateful for every second I get to spend with that precious child and everyone else that I love and treasure in my life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home