School Girl
Georgia started preschool last Monday. I didn't think I would be one of those moms that cried when they dropped their child off at school because I was very excited about her starting this next stage, but I got a little weepy. Fortunately, I managed not to cry in front of her. It was when we were pulling away, and I watched her standing there like a big girl, that I started to break down. When did my baby get so big?
Here she is the day before at the school potluck, looking a bit full of herself:

Talk about confidence:

And here she is getting ready to walk into the school for her first time with a teacher:

And here she is coming out at the end of the day with her teacher (holding a tissue, because she had been crying):

She didn't cry when we dropped her off for school, but she was crying when I picked her up because she had spotted my car and wanted her momma! This week she seems very excited about school. I guess she has figured out the routine now and realizes that someone will be there to pick her up at the end of the school day. I can't complain though, mom told me that I cried everyday for at least the first two weeks!!! And then I went to school grudgingly, at best.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home