A Weekend Away

On Thursday, my girl got sick for the first time. Nothing major, but I had plans to fly to Dallas on Friday, so I was beginning to feel guilty about my upcoming weekend of freedom. I decided that I had better take her to the Dr., more for my piece of mind than anything. Well, it turned out to be nothing major, they said it was probably a result of teething. She did not have a fever and she did not act like she felt bad, so I still went to Texas with my friends.
I had a great weekend, it was great to relax and catch up with some of my girlfriends. It is not often that I get to do that these days. And I knew Georgia was in great hands at her Mamaw and Papaw B’s house. She got to spend some quality time with her Aunt Lana, Uncle Craig, and Cousin Audrey on Sunday as well. This was only the second time I have been away from Georgia overnight and it was for two nights, which is a record.
I was really missing Georgia by Sunday. A little baby at the airport looked at me and grinned really big and I started getting teary eyed. It was good to get home and hold my girl. Last night she woke up about an hour after going to bed, I think she just couldn’t breathe well, since she was so congested. I gave her some medicine and then held her in my arms until she had calmed down and was able to fall asleep again.
The photo above was of Georgia eating cereal with her daddy and big sis looking on. I think Caroline is thrilled that Georgia is now starting solid foods.

2 Comments:
Caroline looks like she's pretty excited. You can tell she learned the drill from Audrey, she'll be eatin' out of Georgia's hands in no time!
Caroline licked Georgia for the first time the other day, so she has officially been introduced to what we like to call ass breath!
Post a Comment
<< Home